I am proud to support my university and the wider information science field through invited and volunteered service and public outreach. Recent highlights include:
- I was asked to advise on a report for the Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy (EZK) about the European Commission’s upcoming Digital Services Act, and to present my perspective at a workshop for govt and industry stakeholders.
- In 2020 I had the pleasure to speak at the New Zealand National Library.
- I have been an invited juror for ASIS&T awards and invited guest editor for Education for Information.
- Since 2018 I have been an officer on the ASIS&T special interest group for the History and Foundations of Information Science (SIG HFIS) and a section editor for Open Information Science.
- I regularly provide peer review for various international journals (e.g. JASIST) and conferences (e.g. ACM CHI).