I enjoy imparting technical skills and reflective, compassionate attitudes to current and future information professionals with the goal of enabling them to be competent and critical members and leaders of the information society.
- INFO151: Databases (2x)
- INFO226: Web Application Development (3x)
- INFO403: Research Methods in Information Systems
- INFO520: The Information Professions (2x)
- INFO525: Digital Technologies for Information Professionals (2x)
- INFO527: Creating and Managing Metadata
- INFO528: Research Methods for Information Management Environments (2x)
- INFO544: Online Searching
- GLIS617: Information Systems Design
I welcome expressions of interest from students seeking research opportunities and supervision for their projects. I often have funding for training new information scholars, and have successfully supervised research students at all levels, some receiving awards for their work and often producing peer-reviewed publications.
- Ba Nguyen - PhD thesis: International Research Collaboration: Indicators and Temporal Aspects